Festive Cranberry-Pineapple Salad
1 (20-ounce) can Dole Crushed Pineapple, undrained
2 (3.25-ounce each) packages or 1 (6-ounce) package Jell-O Brand Raspberry
1 (16-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 medium Dole Apple, chopped
2/3 cup chopped Planters Walnuts
- Drain pineapple, reserving liquid in 1-quart liquid measuring cup. Remove 1 tablespoon of the crushed pineapple; set aside for garnish.
- Add enough cold water to reserved liquid to measure 3 cups; pour into large saucepan. Bring to boil; remove from heat. Add gelatin; stir at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add cranberry sauce; stir until well blended. (Note: Due to the presence of whole berries in the cranberry sauce, the gelatin mixture will not be smooth.)
- Pour into large bowl. Refrigerate 1 1/2 hours or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites.)
- Stir in remaining pineapple, the apples and walnuts; stir gently until well blended. Pour into medium serving bowl. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- Top with reserved crushed pineapple just before serving. Store leftover gelatin in refrigerator.
I love jello salad. For my birthday, my Mama always made me Jello salad in lieu of birthday cake. Yum! Yum! This Festive salad was made by my cousin Tarrin, who is in high school. It was the hit of our Family Christmas party. Delish! and looks great too. Thanks, Tarrin, for sharing the recipe with me.